TerraMai Products & LEED
All TerraMai products can help a project earn points toward credits in several LEED programs. Which credits, specifically, depends on the product and the project, as outlined below.
The Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) program is a nationally recognized rating system for sustainable building.
The program is created by the U.S. Green Building Council (USGBC) and administered through the Green Building Certificate Institute (GBCI). TerraMai has been a USGBC member since 2003.
TerraMai solid wood products earn points toward credits:
MR 4 - Recycled Content. As 100% post-consumer recycled products, TerraMai reclaimed woods products can significantly contribute toward the recycled content percentage in project materials. In the LEED NC program, up to 2 points and can be earned for reaching 5% or 10% of the total building materials costs. An additional credit through Innovation in Design is allowed for thresholds exceeding 15%.
TerraMai’s engineered wood products can also earn points toward LEED credit MR 4, as well as:
- MR 7 - Certified woods. All TerraMai woods are FSC certified recycled (SCS-COC-001014). TerraMai uses FSC-Certified plywood in all of its engineered flooring and paneling products.
- EQ 4.4 - Low-Emitting Materials. All TerraMai engineered products are made with low-VOC adhesives and finishes.
A TerraMai account manager can offer guidance regarding reclaimed wood products and LEED credits on a specific project. TerraMai has several LEED APs on staff.
TerraMai is also a member of the U.S. Green Building Council (USGBC), which developed the LEED program.